Major Partner Museum (MPM)
In April 2015 Culture Coventry, along with our partner Black Country Living Museum, became an Arts Council England-funded Major Partner Museum, under the name West Midlands Museum Partnership (WMMP).
We are very proud to be one of only 21 other museums, or museum consortia, across the country to have achieved this status, which will see Arts Council invest in a wide range of projects and activity from 2015-18.
WMMP will use its total investment of £2.658m to support ACE's 5 goals and will offer national leadership in the following two goals:
Goal 1 - Excellence is thriving and celebrated in the arts, museums and libraries, with reference particularly to use of collections. We will lead on the creative use of collections – focusing on living interpretation and the commissioning of interdisciplinary art to interpret our Designated collections to enrich the visitor experience for all audiences.
Goal 2 - The arts, museums and libraries are resilient and environmentally sustainable. We will demonstrate our integral entrepreneurialism and promote greater self reliance.
The investment will focus on:
- Developing exhibitions and interpretation through the creative use of collections.
- Improving resilience through greater fundraising capacity and development of commercial activities including retail, conferencing and filming. As part of this, Black Country Living Museum will be running the Museums Resilient Leadership programme for the three years 2015-2018.
- Audience development activities to ensure people of all ages and background are able to experience the region’s rich heritage.
- Workforce development including training and personal development opportunities for staff and volunteers, apprenticeships and curatorial and archive traineeships.
- Support for the Museum sector through mentoring in leadership and resilience, a programme of Museum development workshops, networking and skill sharing.